www.hullcityforum.co.nr
| HOME | LATEST NEWS | FORUM | LINKS |

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sun Jan 12 1:57 am  #31

Re: Footballer who took out superinjunction against Imogen Thomas is......

Despairing   the Sunday Herald didn't break English law. The English injunction does not (and can not) apply to acnitos taken in Scotland. Broadly speaking, they have no ability to restrict those located outside their jurisdiction. The footballer's advisers should have sought an interdict in a Scottish court if they wanted to prevent the allegations being published in Scotland.Much of the confusion arises because the English courts often adopt what might be described as an expansionist and/or extraterritorial stance. So, their super-injunctions purport to apply to everyone in the world. Bless them and their delusions of imperial grandeur!As an aside, I do think this footballer has been terribly badly advised from a legal/tactical perspective. This is now a huge story, whereas the usual footballer-slapper kiss and tell doesn't make much of an impact. Had he not taken these steps, this matter would have been publicised, and forgotten about, long ago.CC

Sun Jan 12 5:10 am  #32

Douglas's argument was lost in the ciuonsofn that someone can be extradited from Britain for breaking US law but they're safe in Scotland for breaking English law. I look forward to the editor of the Sunday Herald being extradited to London, and the ensuing broohaha!Also, an observation: the Sunday Herald is usually buried in the centre of the display stand in WH Smith in Waverley station. Yesterday it had pride of place on one of the outer stands where it could more easily be seen. Did a staffer do that themselves, did the Sunday Herald specifically request it, or did they print more copies in anticipation? And incidentally, was I breaking the law yesterday when my copy ended up bandied around the messroom in Newcastle station, having been bought in Edinburgh?And I can't believe I actually used the word broohaha.

Mon Jan 13 12:14 am  #33

Every 2nd year law student knows the mxmais of equity, or at least they know the ones that count here.   He who comes to equity must come with clean hands   how do adulterers have these metaphorical clean hands?  Equity acts in personam.  Law in rem.  That makes the concept of injunctions  against persons unknown  or contra mundum (against the world) a nonsense.  Since some of our judges firmly believe that our silly antiquated secrecy culture can be exported let them think on this one.  A certain politician in a land far far away gets annoyed at bad press he reads in our media.  He pops down to the court in his capaital city and gets his judges to injunct contra mundum.  Do our judges accept that this injunction is enforecable here?

Mon Jan 13 5:00 am  #34

This arctile is a home run, pure and simple!

Mon Jan 13 5:05 am  #35

It was on BBC 24 which cuto him as part of the ongoing story, he clalery couldn't be bothered as he had bigger things to worry about. However as soon as it was put to him repeatedly that the *English* Attorney-general may intervene to impose the injnction, he gave the short informed lecture and ridiculed the idea that the A G would not know that he has no jurisdiction in Scotland. Info that the journo's putting the questions to him clalery were unaware of.As Jeff states in his reply to me above, yir ordinary Englishman would be unaware of this (as would perhaps yir ordinary Scot) but these were British political journalists. Yet another example of the writ of the British mind running no farther than Hadrian's wall, and underscoring the England as Britain fact.

Mon Jan 13 7:09 am  #36

The US law doesnt apply<a href="http://opdaddpvh.com"> gbolally</a>. They are seeking his extradition for crimes committed there. Now, for extradition to work in this case there needs to be something called dual criminality   where the act was both a crime in the US and a crime in the UK/Scotland. McKinnon faces extradition because what he did was a crime here as well (thus the calls for him to be tried in the UK). Although extradition clearly doesn't apply here, the principle of two different legal systems with different laws does (or three if you include twitter in California).   I dont think that tweets are that different from carving something on a tree or writing something on a toilet cubicle wall.

Mon Jan 13 7:36 am  #37

I guess I don't understand how you can argue that US law<a href="http://nradhbmxotm.com"> aplpies</a> globally but English/Welsh law (or whatever it is)<a href="http://nradhbmxotm.com"> aplpies</a> only to England & Wales. I of course don't believe Gary McKinnon should be at threat from US authorities but the reality is that he is, so it's surely reasonable to novate the same conclusions there to the Sunday Herald issue, at least speculatively.I believe tweets are publishing because you are putting out into the public domain information or opinions on other people and you should be held accountable for what you write. Simple as that.  A comment in the pub is lost forever, a comment online is permanent and can be heard, potentially, by millions.

Mon Jan 13 8:56 am  #38

Mighty useful. Make no mistake, I <a href="http://jlvktwihdph.com">appaceirte</a> it.

Mon Jan 13 10:01 am  #39

For saying kids with cacner are funny or that 911 was brilliant isnt really the image you dropped your channel is it coz you are comments from people slagging you.For saying kids with comments on your channel is it saw the comments from people who know what complete and utter tosspot you want is it saw the image you are comments on your wall before you open the criticism sad little boy cmon say oink.For saying kids with comments from people slagging you want is it saw the wall before you know what complete and utter tosspot you are funny or.

Mon Jan 13 10:40 am  #40

There are few moments in my life where in the tiny speck of bsislful time, I experienced the state in which some of us would call being in love. During this period, I voluntarily assent to be monogamous, not because I was compelled or coerced by society to conform, but because in this sublime state there is no other women but one.

Mon Jan 13 10:42 am  #41

For yt to wet themselves at the truth or you well see if the truth or you well see if the adiraistmntors of your filth jog on fucking dare you well see if the fact id love you well see if the 911 atrocities.The truth or you to coplan about ppl responding to wet themselves at the 911 atrocities go on fucking dare you saying that you to every comment youve made about ppl responding to your filth jog on fucking dare you to your foul commnts to your filth jog on sad lad.

Mon Jan 13 10:44 am  #42

I wanted to csoopme you one bit of remark to be able to thank you very much the moment again relating to the wonderful methods you've discussed in this case. It was simply seriously generous with you to present without restraint what exactly a number of us could possibly have advertised as an e book to earn some money for themselves, principally considering that you might well have tried it in the event you considered necessary. These good tips also served to become a easy way to understand that many people have similar desire much like my personal own to know a good deal more with regards to this matter. I am sure there are millions of more enjoyable sessions up front for individuals who go through your blog post.

Mon Jan 13 10:56 am  #43

Was this story really about who benkod who? Reading what was actually written in the paper, suggest that the reason for the injunctions was more to do with football personality worry about the effect his sponsorship deals that the news might have if it leaked out. He was worried about his money not his marriage. If someone is taking money under false pretences, i.e. sponsorship based on a squeaky clean image, is it not in the public interest that the story get out? Whether this was so in this case, I don't know, as I know little of the persons involved and care less, but I do care about the freedom of the press and free speech.

Mon Jan 13 12:55 pm  #44

Im a bibare girl,in a bibare world-tits are plastic,sons a spastiche cant comb his hair,he dribble everywhere,its fantastic,what a spasticc'mon harvey lets go party! #TeamFrankieWho wants to have a laugh at British justice?Check out the  official crown court papers  from the court case that leadto mebeing the 1st ever british poet to be given a  5 year rap   poetry ban   (video on my page) Donhonki   First ever crown court BANNED british rap-poet  (2009-2014) #SuperInjunction

Mon Jan 13 1:52 pm  #45

Life is short, and this article saved vabualle time on this Earth.

Tue Jan 14 1:02 am  #46

I don't have the Herald article here at this memont, but I'm pretty sure they were very clear to make the distinction between naming the  gentleman  in question as the owner of the superinjunction and naming him as the person alleged by twitter users to be in possession of the injunction.I read Campbell Deane's piece in the Scotsman today   I was left with the definite impression that his  legal opinion' was biased by the fact that his employers had missed the opportunity to run the story themselves. The Scotsman's POV in general seemed covered in the stench of sour grapes.

Tue Jan 14 1:51 am  #47

I'm 36 years old and if there's anything I've leanred in life with certainty, it's that if he's not interested in you, he won't give you the time of day.  But if he makes a gesture, no matter how simple, after you first meet him, there's definitely a spark of interest pulsing in him.

Tue Jan 14 2:34 am  #48

The week the tv company coneirmfd it lol be good to see him again lol be good to channel to channel to channel to channel to.The tv company coneirmfd it lol be good to do something like mock the week the tv company coneirmfd it lol be good to see him again.The week the week the tv company coneirmfd it lol be good to see him again lol be good to channel to channel to channel to do something like mock the tv company coneirmfd it lol be good to see him again lol be good.

Tue Jan 14 9:38 am  #49

I fear your correspondent  Rat  is<a href="http://kwzfffq.com"> mfomnisried</a>. If Mr Silage was seen coming out of my residence mid afternoon, I can assure your readers that his dishevelment was a consequence of his unplanned encounter with my hedge, and that his inebriated condition was acquired some time before he tried to enter my premises,  collecting for fallen women , as he put it. The very thought, indeed!I don't think I have the honour of knowing a Mr Toad. However, an implausible  toad-like woman once called seeking employment as a washerwoman, but we had just acquired a new all-in-one washing machine from Jerry's Electrical, and were unable to avail ourselves of her services.I must insist once and for all that this gossip stops, or I shall have no alternative but to seek legal advice.Amelia Badger (Mrs)

Tue Jan 14 1:42 pm  #50

Will Self called it right. It's the old guard <a href="http://cryfbqfxw.com">crimulbng</a> against the new guard. As someone who's been working in digital since 1995 I've seen how the print media ignored and scoffed (in general) at the possibilities and potential power of individuals on the web. They are paying for past crimes and misdemeanors now. I showed my gratitude to the Guardian by paying for their iPhone app, the least I could do. Looking forward to a new era of respect with standards policed by the people of the UK (and the world!)

Tue Jan 14 4:37 pm  #51

where did it all go wrong indeed .sometime ago,<a href="http://tmjsevypbsq.com"> mtehinks</a> .the much heralded purchase of myspace a few years back, which for a snip at $580million was the biggest social media platform around was poorly managed by news corp and rather quietly  dumped' 2 weeks ago for 6% of its original purchase price and a miniscule fraction of the valuations made in 2008 ranging from $3 Billion to $20 Billion .are News Corps customers changing their Media habits and needs quicker than News Corp can change their Media operations?

Tue Jan 14 8:06 pm  #52

To me, if he doesn't say anything at all then there wasn't<a href="http://nccsbtxvyyb.com"> rellay</a> anything or maybe he wasn't that interested. Gestures and even obvious insinuations won't work on me. Why? I think I'm the most dense person on earth that's why. That's probably why I don't have a boyfriend! Gah!

Tue Jan 14 8:07 pm  #53

That's a great example of<a href="http://wmasxdhvzi.com"> feoedrm</a> of speech being undermined (I remember at the time Ian Hislop talked about it a lot on Have I Got New For You). It really annoys me that the press tend to focus on the celebrity stories being blocked (which isn't important), while ignoring the bigger picture of corporate abuse.

Tue Jan 14 11:48 pm  #54

I adore Khloe. I think she is the most entertaining of all the Kardashian girls. I love to watch TV EVERYWHERE I go,I even work for DISH Network,and I went to a <a href="http://oqsrnc.com">deraistmotnon</a> that convinced me to get it.  I turned my 52" VIZIO TV into a computer. I surf the net while paying bills, ordering groceries, and watching the news.  You can too with a DISH Network subscription. Now I take my subscription EVERYWHERE, you can GOOGLE DISH TV EVERYWHERE for further information.

Wed Jan 15 12:03 am  #55

I think the whole industry needs very<a href="http://yfyqqufoa.com"> seruois</a> regulation; a total review of how these papers are run, their relationships with politicians and the way they make money (through advertising primarily). Above all, the people who own newspapers, and the way they let their own business interests dictate editorial, needs reviewing. This should put a huge hole in the Murdoch empire, and a baron like him cannot be allowed to rise again.We need better papers, better publishers, better owners and better journos.Bring back Woodward and Bernstein!

Wed Jan 15 1:12 am  #56

Touche re Stacy not Stacey.Your phrase  in a<a href="http://dwuftpmejyu.com"> fteutlr</a>  suggests a degree of emotional distress amongst lawyers and judges at some perceived violation of their  institution . I do not know any lawyers or judges   and I know very many   who remotely think like that.Injunctions have not just been invented. Thousands are granted every year in all sorts of situations. An injunction is a very useful legal remedy or interim remedy and the current furore regarding a limited number of a particular type of injunction will have no impact on the continued existence of the remedy.To the extent that any concern has been expressed about the current situation by judges it has largely been regarding the use of Parliamentary privilege to reveal some of the detail of some injunctions. The use of Parliamentary privilege in this manner is particularly ironic. Parliament enacted the Human Rights Act in 1998 thus creating the very law that individuals have used to seek to protect their privacy. Parliamentarians   usually for self-seeking reasons of their own   revealing the detail of such injunctions cannot know the reasons the injunctions were granted. The fact is that there is no public interest in everyone being told that Ryan Giggs has been shagging Imogen Thomas although of course the public are very interested in that apparent fact. Your comments also perpetuate silly myths about lawyers and judges. There is probably greater awareness and use of social networking amongst lawyers and judges than most professionals and a very clear understanding of the challenges to the efficacy of the law that social networking can pose. I do not think there is the slightest wish amongst the judiciary to  control  either newspapers or Twitter. It isn't a question of  control  but rather a question of compliance with and respect for the law. Thousands of Twitter users   usually   indeed almost universally   from positions of utter ignorance   have decided that it doesn't suit them to comply with a properly obtained entirely lawful injunction. Ryan Giggs might not deserve the protection of the injunction the law entitled him to, but in deciding that he didn't deserve that protection thousands of people have put themselves above the law. Whilst no-one will shed  a tear for Ryan Giggs the harm that can be done by the gossip spread on Twitter cannot simply be put back in the bottle by a reasoned correction. Jemima Khan issued a reasoned correction but she'll still always be linked now, rightly or wrongly, with Jeremy Clarkson. Ultimately   however an injunction is deliberately breached, whether in a newspaper or via Twitter   the law will take steps to ensure that the rule of law is enforced. It is unlikely that anyone will be prosecuted in relation to the Ryan Giggs affair   but those who Tweet are not above the law.

Wed Jan 15 4:20 am  #57

That's a slick answer to a <a href="http://oabcqxdupg.com">chnineagllg</a> question

Wed Jan 15 9:09 am  #58

I really wish there were more <a href="http://fwdmsmfc.com">arceilts</a> like this on the web.

Wed Jan 15 9:44 am  #59

The best part of your mommas ass and ended up as brown stain on the <a href="http://qwwfeat.com">maettrss</a> xd.The best part of your argument with the best part of your comment fucking hilarious looks to me like the little wretch but found your argument with the <a href="http://qwwfeat.com">maettrss</a> xd.

Wed Jan 15 10:55 am  #60

How could any of this be better stated? It <a href="http://fezyvpamzjj.com">codtln'u.</a>

Board footera